Rhytidectomy / FaceLift Surgery
A lot of people these days opt for a face-lift surgery also known as rhytidectomy in order to minimize the signs of aging on their facial skin, in particular. One face-lift surgical procedure can alone correct midface sagging, jowls, neck folds, double chin, marionette lines/folds and wrinkles on the face. The procedure aims to tighten the muscles and re-drape the skin accordingly to suit muscle tightening. The effects of a face-lift surgery are unparalleled and long-lasting. There is a high satisfaction rate among patients who had undergone a face-lift surgery as compared to other anti-aging surgical procedures. It is one of the most cost-effective procedures for a comprehensive rejuvenation of the face and the neck.
Majority of the face-lift surgeries keep their prime focus on the lower face while also simultaneously focusing on the mid-face and the forehead of the patient. A face-lift is performed under general anesthesia or IV sedation with local anesthesia. During the procedure, an incision is placed in the hidden part of the face along the hairline and the ears. Then, the skin envelop is lifted and the face and the neck muscles are tightened and the skin re-draped. The excess skin is taken off. The sutures are mostly absorbable.
However, a face-lift can be performed in different ways depending on a patient’s expectation from it. Sometimes fat injections, fillers or implants are added to the procedure also. But, the ultimate goal of plastic surgeons at our clinic is to give you an impressive result with minimal downtime and well-concealed scars.
Types of Face-Lift
The variation in incision may differ according to the type of surgery planned.
- Traditional Face Lift: The incision is made from the temple area, in front of the ear and the back of the ear disappearing into the hairline at the back.
- Short Scar Face Lift: The incision is made at the temple, goes down to the front of the ear and turns around the earlobe. Additional small incisions may be needed to get through different areas.
- Neck Lift: The incision is made in front of the earlobe and behind the ear. An incision under the chin area is also made to access sagging muscles of the neck.
Our visiting board-certified cosmetic plastic surgeons will make these incisions as less visible as possible for you and may customize them for optimum results if need be.
Post Treatment Care
- Bruising and swelling after the surgery will subside in the first 10 days from the date of surgery.
- It is advisable to avoid bending or forward movement with your head down for at least a week. Any other strenuous activity shall not be practiced during the healing period.
- Activities like swimming should be avoided for the same duration. You must have ample rest just after the surgery.
- You can get back to work but not before 10 days.
- You will be asked to wear a compression garment around the chin, which is there for your comfort, support and it helps in the draping of the skin to the underlying tissues.
With the availability of expert surgeons at our clinic, the results of a face-lift last much longer. If you are okay with taking some time off and can afford the downtime associated with a specific procedure, then reach out to our board-certified plastic surgeons for charting out the most suitable procedure for you.
Ratings and Reviews