Pores can be defined as tiny openings in the skin that secrete oil and sweat out of the body. While many people believe open pores are a bad thing, they rather help regulate body temperature. The actual problems related to pores are:
- Enlargement of pores (open pores)
Enlarged facial pores can create an irregular texture that diminishes the smoothness of the skin.
The skin pores usually get clogged with dirt, bacteria, oil and, dead skin cells. When the clogged pores are exposed to air, they oxidize, and result in the development of blackheads, and eventually leading to acne. Inflammatory and active acne can also lead to the expansion of these pores.
What causes open pores?
- Overactive oil glands
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Aging, leading to the loss of collagen (elasticity) giving a stretched appearance of even the normal-sized pores
As discussed earlier, pores are not the problem but large open pores are. So, the focus of open pores treatment is to shrink the pores and not to completely get rid of them as most people assume.
Can Open Pores be prevented?
Some small steps/measures can be taken to prevent the enlargement of open pores, including:
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid foods with a high glycemic index
- Avoid milk products as they contain protein which on digestion releases IGF which is known for breakouts and hence leads to open pores.
How to control open pores?
- Stay hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen daily.
- Use lukewarm water rather than hot water to wash the face.
- Use a mild cleanser preferably consisting of Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. One should ideally cleanse the face twice a day.
- Use gentle exfoliation at least once a week to remove dead skin cells.
- Avoid oil-based makeup. Use water-based and non-comedogenic makeup products and creams.
- Always remember to wipe off the makeup before sleeping.
- Don’t squeeze blackheads or pimples.
How to Treat Large Open Pores on Face?
Tried home remedies for open pores but all in vain?
It is time to meet a dermatologist for the best open pores treatment in Delhi. He or she might suggest one of the following treatments to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores:
- Topical creams - Tretinoin-based creams are often prescribed by dermatologists for shrinking large open pores. These creams should be used only if prescribed and must be avoided by pregnant or lactating women.
- Laser Treatments - A wide range of lasers is available to treat and improve open pores. Out of all, fractional lasers are the most popular as they work by boosting collagen production in the skin.
- Chemical Peels - Chemical peels are a popular treatment to remove dead skin and clear the impurities from the skin including excess oil and dirt. These peels also improve collagen production, thus, firming up the skin. It is a dermatological method of gentle and controlled exfoliation. So, this brings out rejuvenated skin from underneath and clears the clogged pores without damaging the skin. Some popular and effective chemical peeling agents include - TCA Cross, Salicylic Acid, and Glycolic Acid.
- Retinoids - Retinoids both in oral and topical form can be used to reduce open pores. It also helps in controlling sebum production.
- Pore cease injections - These injections are injected directly into the pores that help in reducing pore size instantly.
- Radiofrequency micro-needling - It is another advanced treatment that helps suppress sebum and also reduces the size of open pores. This procedure is particularly effective in managing the occurrence of open pores due to aging.
Other than these treatments like microdermabrasion, collagen induction therapy, and some medifacials can also be helpful.
The first step to determine the right treatment is to get the skin examined by a dermatologist. The skin specialist will then suggest the most suitable treatment accordingly. For open pores treatment in Delhi NCR, one can visit at Dadu Medical Centre located in Delhi, Vasant Vihar (South Delhi), Rajouri Garden (West Delhi).
MARTINI is a treatment which is tailored to suit a vast array of skin conditions, like dullness, tanning, pigmentation, uneven skin tone, dryness, sun damage and pigmentation, dehydration and dull appearance.
With No downtime, MARTINI is a treatment which allows you to return to your normal daily activities immediately. The safety of the treatment means that we can also treat the tired under eye area and dry, thinning lips as well.
Ratings and Reviews Average Star Rating