Dimple creation is a surgical procedure that can actually create dimples on your cheeks as naturally as it could have been without a surgical intervention. Some people have dimples on their cheeks and some have it on the chin. Sometimes dimples occur naturally from indentations in the dermis caused by the deeper facial muscles and sometimes it is caused by an injury. Regardless of their causes, dimples are considered as a sign of beauty, perfection, good luck and even fortune. Due to which a lot of people have started opting for dimple creation surgery in Delhi also known as dimpleplasty. You can get the surgery done at Dadu Medical Centre located in Delhi, Vasant Vihar (South Delhi), Rajouri Garden (West Delhi) under the expert guidance of our surgeons.
Being an outpatient procedure, it can be easily performed at your surgeon’s office and you don’t need to get hospitalized. First, a topical anesthesia is applied to the skin. This ensures that you do not go through any pain or discomfort during the surgery. The doctor will then use a small biopsy instrument to make a hole in your facial skin to manually create a dimple by removing a small amount of muscle and fat from the area. The area is about 2 to 3 millimeters in length. Once space is created then the doctor positions a suture from one side of the cheek muscle to the other. The suture is then tied to set the dimple permanently in place.
- It is advisable to use ice packs for 2-3 days in order to heal the swelling.
- One can resume a normal diet after the procedure.
- Patients are advised excessive facial animation to expedite resolution of edema.
- Dimples tend to show up in rest or in animation for 6 to 8 weeks then gradually disappear and only show up thereafter naturally during facial movements.
- The follow up of the patients ranges from 3 weeks to 4 years.
- By the end of 3 months after the surgery, there comes a small hint of a dimple.
- With time, the small dent gradually vanishes leaving a definite dent behind which becomes visible naturally during facial movements.
Ratings and Reviews