Liposuction or lipo is a cosmetic surgery performed to remove excess fat from the body. Also known as lipoplasty, this unique surgical procedure can treat your hips, belly, thighs, buttocks, back, arms or face. It can also be combined with other plastic surgeries like facelift, breast reduction and tummy tuck. The surgery performed at our clinic by visiting surgeons actually intends to remodel the body by removing fat from different parts of the patient’s body. The method is highly effective, result oriented, safe and comes with no side effects.
Types of Liposuction
1. Tumescent liposuction: The procedure is performed under local anesthesia on the body part to be treated. After making the area to be treated numb, a large amount of an anesthesia solution is introduced to the fatty tissue through injection. Post this, a traditional liposuction is performed.
2. Ultra-assisted Liposuction: In this method, ultrasound technology is used to liquefy the unwanted fat in the body, which makes it easier to remove the fat. This method is effective for upper abdomen, sides, and back.
3. Laser-assisted liposuction: The method uses low-energy waves to liquefy and kill the fat, which is then removed through a small cannula.
Post Treatment Care
- Quiet rest is advisable just after the surgery is performed. You should not plan to drive back home on your own.
- If you have had liposuction totally on local anesthesia then you may resume your usual diet immediately.
- Post-operation garments are designed for tumescent liposuction. However, wearing them for more than the minimal number of days makes no significant changes in the final results of the surgery.
- Patients may experience a brief sensation of dizziness the morning after the surgery.
- Keep the incisions clean and shower once or twice daily.
- Take antibiotics as prescribed.
- Do not use ice packs or heating pads to heal the treated area.
- Do not go swimming or soak in a Jacuzzi for at least 7 days after the surgery.
- Inflammation, swelling, soreness, little pain, itching, nausea, and vomiting are among the side effects of liposuction.
Liposuction is one of the most preferred and popular surgical treatments people opt for getting body fat removed from different parts of their body. 90% of the patients experience the final results of liposuction in a period spanning 3 months from the surgery. In cases where the surgeon’s technique uses adits (round holes) that are left open in place of linear incisions closed with stitches, patients can expect visible results in 4 weeks.
Ratings and Reviews