Healthy and glowing skin also requires a proper skincare regimen to maintain its glow. The skin plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy life as it protects the body. So, it is really important to take good care of it. Having a personalized daily skincare routine is the initial step towards healthy and young skin. Here are the few things that one should consider while customizing the daily skin care regimen.
- Cleanser: The first step is cleansing the skin twice a day using a gentle foaming cleanser. Avoid washing the face too frequently in the day as this can make the skin dry. Sleeping with makeup on can lead to clogging of pores which can in turn cause breakouts and blackheads. That is why it is advised to wash the face twice a day. To remove makeup, use micellar water. Micellar water is composed of tiny molecules of micelle that are clustered together to surround the dirt particles and lift them away from the skin. This helps to remove all the makeup including waterproof makeup without stripping off the natural oil of the skin and leaving it hydrated. A cotton pad soaked in micellar water can be used to wipe off the makeup. Wash off the face after removing all the makeup.
- Exfoliate: Excessive exfoliation is not recommended. But gentle exfoliation is necessary to remove dirt and debris thus it is advisable to opt for exfoliation twice a week.
- Toner: A toner helps in preparing the skin for absorbing the rest of the skin products that are aligned for skin regimen. Opt for a toner that is alcohol-free as alcohol can make skin dehydrated. A toner containing rose water is beneficial as it soothes and hydrates the skin.
- Moisturizer: Everyone should apply a moisturiser no matter the skin type. Even the oily skin needs a moisturizer. The body moisturizes itself by secreting sebum which maintains the protective coating against infections and harsh pollutants of the outside world. But the extra hydration is a must to save the skin from the wreck that sun, weather and harsh pollutants can cause to the skin. It is advisable to apply moisturizer on damp skin so that one can lock as much moisture in the skin. Opt for a lightweight moisturizer which is hydrating as it won't clog the pores of the skin. Acne-prone patients can opt for non-comedogenic moisturiser. Further, if it contains UVA/UVB protecting factors then it is more beneficial. Using a moisturizer daily is a must.
- HYDRATING MASK OR FACE OIL: People with dry skin type can benefit from adding a good face oil or a hydrating cream mask to the skincare routine. They are used to add a boost of hydration into the skin and are very mild. One can also incorporate serums that contain vitamin C or hyaluronic acid as they help cells to repair and brighten dull spots too.
- Face Masks: There is a wide range of face masks available in the market. One can incorporate them in their skincare routine at least once or twice a week. Masks can be opted according to the skin type. Here is a quick look into a few masks that one can opt for:
- Clay Masks: If one has normal to oily skin then this mask works better for them. They help in detoxification of skin along with tightening and plumping. If the clay mask contains enzymes then it can help to soothe redness.
- Cream Masks: If the skin is too dry then moisturizing cream masks can help to replenish the moisture in dry skin cells. They contain hyaluronic acid which is beneficial in giving plump to the skin.
- Gel Masks: For sensitive skin that needs a little boost of hydration gel masks works well for them. Most gel masks contain collagen and antioxidants which help in healing acne-prone skin too.
- Sheet Masks: This is an option which suits all skin type. Anyone can use these sheet masks for hydration and glow.
- Exfoliating Masks: Exfoliating masks are suitable for most skin types. They help in removing dead skin cells and use fruit enzymes and hydroxy acid to clean deep pores and give it a healthy look.
- Face masks should be applied on dry and clean skin. An even layer should be applied and left for about 15 to 20 mins and then washed off with lukewarm water. One can use it twice a week for optimal benefits.
- Sunscreen: To keep the skin healthy, it is beneficial to apply lightweight sunscreen daily. No matter if the day is sunny or cloudy the skin remain prone to damage from UVA and UVB rays. So the final step to complete the morning routine is applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen of minimum 50 SPF. If the skin is acne-prone, one can opt for gel-based sunscreens.
Do check the skin monthly for any new spots, moles or lesions that have appeared or changed. If any changes are noticed then visit a dermatologist and get the skin routine revised.
Keep Healthy! Keep Glowing!