Aging is a phase of life which everyone has to go through. But the world is evolving and changing constantly and today, technology is ruling the world. The medical sciences are making progress by leaps and bounds like never before. Revolutionary laser techniques are the outcome of the advancements in the medical technology which are being used by many skin specialists to tighten the skin and diminish the effects of ageing. Increased desire of the people to look younger and flawless has increased the demand of laser techniques for practicing many dermatology services.
There are countless benefits of laser techniques such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles, improving the tone and texture of the skin, and giving a smoother, glowing complexion. Dr. Nivedita Dadu has involved laser techniques into her dermatology practice to give her patients, a painless experience and yet fulfilling their desires to achieve a youthful appearance with maximum effects.
Laser Skin Tightening is a non-surgical process which helps to regenerate the natural skin of the body, deep heating by warming the dermis, stimulating collagen growth and form new collagen. Lasers involve use of an infrared light source that emits light energy stimulating the collagen under the skin’s surface, allowing the skin to contract and results in tightening of loose skin. Laser skin tightening is an ideal solution for those patients who do not want to go under the knife and they experience noticeably firmer skin with no downtime and little discomfort.
At Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic, we use radiofrequency (RF) and HIFU to provide safe and effective treatments to our patients. Both the treatments are effective for tightening the skin and diminish the visible signs. A skin specialist will suggest you the treatment according to various factors such as your skin condition and expectation from the treatment. It is always advised to discuss the pros and cons of every treatment with your dermatologist to understand the concept of treatment and then choose the best one.
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)
1. HIFU uses ultrasound energy to heat targeted tissue under the surface of the skin and to trigger the natural production of collagen in a new form. It initiates much stronger process of skin tightening and toning by focusing deep below the skin to lift and tighten the skin that will help to give optimum results.
2. It is used to lift and tighten the skin of areas such as eyebrows, jawline, neck, and jowls; and to diminish wrinkles, smooth out facial folds, retract the skin of the forehead, and restore more defined facial features.
3. It is a one-time treatment with no or minimal downtime and known as an ideal solution for the patients with lax skin and sagging facial features.
4. It is an effective device with a visual aide that helps to treat a precise area or zone.
Radio Frequency (RF)
1. A cosmetic RF machine uses Radio Frequency waves (electromagnetic waves at wavelengths of between 1Km and 1cm) and focuses on the surface of the skin.
2. Virtually no downtime and comfortable with no side-effects.
3. It needs to be repeated at weekly intervals for achieving maximum results in the form of tightness and youthful facial definition.
4. The temperature can be controlled throughout the procedure accordingly.
The most important thing to consider before undergoing a laser treatment is to do your research and find an experienced dermatologist. After all, you can’t take any risks when it comes to your skin. Also, an experienced dermatologist would ensure maximum comfort and minimum side effects. If you feel confused about which anti-aging treatments should you choose, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an expert advice from Dr. Nivedita Dadu.